March 14, 2020
We wish to advise that the First Annual FEAST OF FAITHS is postponed to a later date.
Geelong Interfaith Network (GIN) would love all to come to this event free from fear. We wanted it to be family friendly with activities for children. Understanding the various faiths is of great interest to the “Third Age” that use Cobbin farm or live in retirement homes nearby.
We want all to come to Feast of Faiths happy to meet and ask questions, and that would be better assured at a later date.
Thank you so much to the many people helping to bring this event about.
A special thanks to:
- Corrina Eccles and Wathaurong representative preparing for the Welcome to country.
- faith and peace groups which have been preparing displays and performances.
- our interfaith choir that performed at Pako Festa for rehearsing new songs
- sponsors that poured out their good will
- the City of Greater Geelong’s Councillors (Cr Jim Mason and Cr Ron Nelson) & staff.
- the Committee of Multicultural Affairs, MAPAC.
- businesses which caught the vision and spread the word with posters (Tuckers, Buxton, What’s On Geelong, Bay FM, 94.7 the Pulse, etc)
- members and friends in GIN since many manhours went into preparation, planning and securing resources for this groundbreaking event.
- the general public of Geelong and beyond who have been inspired to get a taste of what the various faiths we share …
Authorities say events under 500 can meet, so we could have gone ahead, but we feel it is more responsible for us to postpone. We feel it is in the community’s best intesest to let them engage freely when the environment is more assured. Presenters’ safety is another big factor.
May you and your families be well or get well, and we hope to see you when we rescheduled the Feast Of Faiths.
On behalf of the Geelong Interfaith Network
(Geelong Interfaith Network Secretary – 0425 762 739)
Feast of Faiths
The Feast Of Faiths will take place on Harmony Day, 21st March, 2020 at Cobbin Farm Homestead, 231 Grove Road, Grovedale 3216.
At the Feast Of Faiths, over a dozen faith and interfaith groups will have displays, music and activities to encourage a spirit of mutual respect, trust and understanding.
We already share our daily lives with believers from various beliefs who we meet at school, work, clubs, and the community in general. Now we have a chance to get to know more about each other without any pressure. You may even discover more about your own faith.
We are saddened when intolerance causes suffering to those for religious differences. This is the chance to get to know the faith and beliefs of friends and co-workers in a respectful environment.
A Harmony Day event in the true spirit of the day.